FPSB® Risk and Estate Planning Specialist
The FPSB® Risk and Estate Planning Specialist education materials and exam are intended for university-level students, insurance and estate planning professionals and related financial professionals seeking additional knowledge to serve individual clients. A required step toward obtaining the CFPCM certification is passing the education and exam for this track. This provides a solid foundation of risk management, insurance planning and estate planning through real-life scenarios and examples. The FPSB Ltd. material and exam exposes you to a universal curriculum with India-specific tailoring. For complete program details please refer to the FPSB Risk and Estate Planning Specialist Guide.
- Risk Exposures
- Intro to Insurance
- Insurance Company/Advisor Selection
- Strategic Solution
- Estate Planning Terminology
- Wealth Distribution Goals
- Estate Planning Process
- Transfer During Life and at Death
- Planning for Incapacity
- Estate Planning Strategies
There are three potential modes to fulfill the education requirement and become eligible for the exam:
1) Instructor-Led Education Mode
- In order to successfully complete this mode, enroll with an FPSB Ltd. Authorized Education Provider.
- Coursework should generally be completed in 8-12 weeks (depending on hours/course and frequency throughout the week).
2) Self-Paced Education Mode
- FPSB Ltd. provides educational materials in an online platform, including textbook content, PowerPoint outlines, quizzes, and practice tests, that align to the learning objectives and prepare a student to sit for the exam. Students must pass the FPSB Ltd. quizzes for each chapter, as well as the post-module tests for each of the three modules, to be eligible to successfully complete the education component.
3) Recognized Prior Learning Mode
- Individuals may apply to FPSB Ltd. for exemption from the instructor-led or self-paced education modes. This status is granted upon proof that the individual holds any qualifications or certifications. If this waiver is accepted, individuals may bypass the education and prove eligibility to sit for the exam by successfully passing the prequalification exam in the FPSB Ltd. online platform.
The 2-hour, 75 multiple-choice question, computer-based test is based on a specification developed from the FPSB® Risk and Estate Planning Specialist Competency profile (see the FPSB® Risk and Estate Planning Specialist Exam Blueprint for more information).
From date of enrollment with FPSB Ltd., students have three years to complete the education course and pass the exam.
The student must be verified to have completed the education requirement (through one of the three modes above) to be eligible to take the exam.
FPSB® Risk and Estate Planning Specialist Certification Opportunity
FPSB Ltd. offers individuals to take their commitment a step further by applying to become certified as an FPSB® Risk and Estate Planning Specialist. In order to become a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNERCM professional, an individual must successfully pass the education and exam, but obtaining the FPSB® Investment Specialist certification is optional. This certification is recognized by FPSB Ltd. and those certified will receive an FPSB Ltd. certification badge to demonstrate to employers, clients and the public their knowledge in this competency area. To become certified, individuals must:
- Complete the education course
- Complete Global FPSB Ltd.’s Ethics Course
- Pass the 2 hour exam
- Complete Global FPSB Ltd.’s Ethics Attestation and Professional Responsibility to obtain FPSB’s certifications.
- Pay an annual certification fee
- Student Registration US$195 / Education Exempt Registration: US$220 (valid for 365 days; valid across all courses available)
- FPSB® Risk and Estate Planning Specialist Course Materials: US$70
- FPSB® Risk and Estate Planning Specialist Certification Exam: US$72
- FPSB® Risk and Estate Planning Specialist Annual Certification: US$105